Webster Hall, formerly the Health Sciences Library, is a venue rich with Bay Area history. The building was designed and constructed in 1912 by Albert Pissis, San Francisco’s first Ecole des Beaux-Arts trained architect.
Originally funded by the Cooper Medical College of San Francisco, the institution merged with Stanford University’s School of Medicine, occupying the space until 1956.
In 1970, the library was dedicated to commemorate a distinct group of physicians and dentists who made important contributions to San Francisco’s medical history.
The Property became a Historic Designated Landmark in June 1979, and was utilized by the California Pacific Medical Center as a medical library through the 1990s.